1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
What Personal Information do we collect?
When browsing, entering, engaging with, or otherwise accessing our Website, Blog, Podcast, or YouTube channel; contacting us; purchasing merchandise; subscribing to our Newsletter; entering a Giveaway; or conducting any other activity on our Website as described in the Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), you may be asked to enter or disclose various types of Personal Information, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact Information and Account Registration: name, email, postal address, telephone number, business contact information, or any other similar information you may provide to us.
- Identification and Demographics: date of birth, gender, nationality, ethnicity, interests, lifestyle information, photos, social media credentials, contacts or referrals you provide.
- Transactional: payment information, billing address, and registration information.
- Customer Content: photos, videos, reviews, and other information you may submit to us, such as comments on our Website, Blog, Podcast, other online forums, and social media platforms.
- Research and Feedback: reviews and comments that you send us through our Website and social media platforms; by email, over the phone or by mail.
- Device Information and Identifiers: IP addresses, cookie IDs, browser types and language, operating systems, platform type, and device type.
- Connection and Usage: domain names; browsing activity, scrolling and keystroke activity, advertisements viewed, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email, content you view and duration, quality of the service, and interaction with the content, logs, and other similar information. If these events occur while you are offline, they may be logged and uploaded to us when you next connect.
- Geolocation: city, state, and ZIP code associated with your IP address or derived through Wi-Fi triangulation. We will ask for your permission before using your precise location from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices.
- Social Media Information: if you interact with us through a third party platform, social media website, or download our Blog or Podcast services using your social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, your comments, and the people and other websites you follow.
- Additional Information: any additional information you provide us either directly through our Website or through your participation, support request, interaction through our social media accounts, or any other communication with us.
When do we collect Personal Information?
Generally, you are not under any statutory or contractual obligation to provide us any Personal Information; however, certain Personal Information may be automatically collected in order for you to make a purchase on our Website.
We collect information from you when you browse, enter, or use our Website; contact us; download our Blog or Podcast, enter a Giveaway; purchase merchandise; fill out an online form; or otherwise enter any information on our Website or social media platforms which may include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SoundCloud, YouTube, Pinterest, Google, or other third party applications (together the “Third Party Platforms”).
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with any Personal Information on the Website, verify or change your transactional details, make a purchase, verify or change your credit/debit card, comment on a forum, or anything of the like, you are automatically consenting to our collecting, storing, and using that information for your benefit, to improve our offerings and your experience.
If we ask for your Personal Information for any other reasons, we will either ask you directly for your express consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no or otherwise decline by contacting us directly.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for the continued collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by contacting us directly. We reserve the right to retain any information previously collected for the purposes of resolving any disputes, as well as for obtaining and/or analyzing our aggregated data analytics.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use such Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on our Website, Blog, Podcast and YouTube channel.
- To maintain and improve our Website in order to better serve you and provide a more seamless experience across all devices.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your service requests or other queries.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic e-mails regarding other products, events, subscriptions, or promotions as they become available.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues, abuse, or violations of law or our Terms.
- Displaying content you generate, such as video, audio and comments on our Website or on third Party Platforms.
- Compliance with laws, regulations, and ethical business conduct.
How do we protect Personal Information?
Nerdy Curious takes the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We implement a variety of security measures when you use our Website; or otherwise enter or input your Personal Information. Your Customer Account is protected by password for your privacy and security. If you access your Customer Account via a third party, you may have additional or different sign-on protections. You must prevent unauthorized access to your Customer Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanisms appropriately. Your Personal Information is accessible only to a limited number of persons who have the authority to access it, including but not limited to, contractors or agents we may employ to perform tasks, fix bugs, and/or monitor the Website on our behalf.
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not want to, and do not knowingly, collect any data from individuals under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected any such data without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information and will not use it for any purposes. If you become aware of any Personal Information that we have collected from a child under the age of 18 without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, please contact us immediately.
How do I opt out, remove, or modify any Personal Information I have provided?
You can request to have your Personal Information removed by contacting us directly. Please note that we may maintain information about individual sales transactions or subscription purchases in order to complete said transactions and for record keeping purposes.
Acceptance of Terms
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will you hold Nerdy Curious liable for consequential, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or enhanced damages, that are caused or alleged to be caused in connection with your use of our Website, or your purchase or use of any of our products. For clarity, under no circumstances will you hold Nerdy Curious liable for any damages caused by or related to our Website and/or your use of our products.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We and our third-party partners and vendors may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and web beacons and collect and store information about you when you use or interact with our Website, marketing communications, advertising content and/or third party websites, in order to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. These third parties automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when you access our Website or third party websites. They may also use Tracking Technologies to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to personalize the advertising content, and to serve you advertisements that are relevant to your regional location. We may also use information collected using third party cookies and beacons in our emails to deliver advertising when you visit third party websites.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by visiting the following pages:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about traffic and interactions in order to offer better experiences in the future. We may also use trusted third-party service providers that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer or device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser or device settings.
If you disable cookies, some features on our Website may be disabled. Disabling cookies may also affect your experience by decreasing our Website’s efficiency or causing it to not function properly.
Third Party and other disclosures of your Personal Information
We may also release your Personal Information under certain circumstances when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, and/or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may also be required to disclose your Personal Information if required by law or in response to a valid request by a public authority (e.g., a court or governmental agency).
How do we share and disclose Personal Information?
Nerdy Curious may share and disclose Personal Information. Nerdy Curious may disclosure Personal Information for the following reasons:
- Customer Instructions: You can determine your own policy for the sharing and disclosure of your Personal Information and Nerdy Curious does not control how you choose to share or disclosure your Personal Information. Nerdy Curious will share and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with your instructions and in compliance with applicable law.
- Compliance with Applicable Law: If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Personal Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- To Enforce Our Rights, Prevent Fraud, and For Safety: To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Nerdy Curious or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Third Party and other disclosures of your Personal Information: We may share your non-Personal Information with related Third-Party Platforms, companies, advertisers, social networks, service providers, research companies, search engines, law enforcement, hosting partners, and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or otherwise servicing you.
We may also release your Personal Information under certain circumstances when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, and/or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may also be required to disclose your Personal Information if required by law or in response to a valid request by a public authority (e.g., a court or governmental agency).
- With Consent: Nerdy Curious may share Personal Information with third parties when we have the consent to do so.
Retention of your Personal Information
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party advertisements or services on our Website. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third parties. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these other third-party links.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
2. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Some services can only be provided if we have your Personal Information, therefore deletion of your Personal Information may result in termination of such services. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including authenticating you through your email address. We may require further documentation such as a password and Customer ID before granting access to your information.
STATE SPECIFIC DATA POLICIES
Special Notice for California Residents
Nerdy Curious shall not market or advertise to minors specified products or services that minors are legally prohibited from buying. We shall not market or advertise any products based on the Personal Information provided that is specific to any minor, nor shall we knowingly use, disclose, compile, or allow a third party to do so. Under California’s Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World Act, any minor may request and obtain removal of Personal Information posted on our Website.
Your California Privacy Rights. California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email to us directly.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of Personal Information, as well as the right to access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” (California Residents only)
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their Personal Information. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookies, IP address and/or browsing behavior to add to a profile about your mobile device, browser, or you.
Depending on how you use the Website, we may share the following categories of information for such advertising which may be considered a sale (as defined by California law):
- Identification and demographics; device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; connection and usage information, such as browsing history; geolocation information, such as city; and inference data.
If you would like to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for such purposes (to the extent this is considered a sale), you may do so as by contacting us directly.
Third Parties’ List – Shine the Light (California Residents only)
California residents can also request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain Personal Information (as defined by California’s Shine the Light law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You will need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Special Notice for Nevada Residents
Nevada law requires us to post the following: certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “Covered Information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
Nerdy Curious, LLC
4830 Wilson Rd Ste 300 #507
Last Updated: August 26, 2021